Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Heaven and The End of the World

I had dreamt of the end of the world a few times, and it always felt so real I tend to wake up in a jolt, usually my heart beating so fast, only to find that it was a dream.

There was one dream whereby the entire world was engulfed in flames. It was so hot and intense, and sometimes I wonder if that is a representation of Hell? Just last night, I dreamt the world ended in a ball of yellow flame.

Just how or when the world will end?

No one knows, however, when that day or hour will come - neither the angels in Heaven, nor the Son; only the Father knows.
Mark 13 : 32

Jesus also reminds us to constantly "watch out, because you do not know what day your Lord will come" (Matt 24 : 42) and also "always be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you are no expecting him" (Matt 24: 44)

Is all the preparation sufficient to path our way to be reunited with the Lord? We have always taught to believe in going to Heaven.

What if there's no Heaven?


This is God's assurance that there is a Heaven for all of us.

Christ did not enter into a sanctuary made by hands,
a copy of the true one, but heaven itself,

that he might now appear before God on our behalf.
Not that he might offer himself repeatedly,
as the high priest enters each year into the sanctuary

with blood that is not his own;

if that were so, he would have had to suffer repeatedly

from the foundation of the world.

But now once for all he has appeared at the end of the ages

to take away sin by his sacrifice.

Just as it is appointed that men and women die once,

and after this the judgment, so also Christ,

offered once to take away the sins of many,

will appear a second time, not to take away sin,

but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await him.


Therefore, brothers and sisters, since through the blood of Jesus

we have confidence of entrance into the sanctuary

by the new and living way he opened for us through the veil,

that is, his flesh,
and since we have (a great priest over the house of God),
let us approach with a sincere heart and in absolute trust,

with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience
a
nd our bodies washed in pure water.
Let us hold unwaveringly to our confession that gives us hope,

for he who made the promise is trustworthy.


Heb 9 : 24 - 28; 10 : 19 - 23


I do not know what is the exact criteria to getting into Heaven, but I remember a dream where getting into Heaven is like taking an examination. First you need to answer a series of a multiple choice questions relating to the Bible. Next you proceed with some oral Q&A test (with whom I don't remember). I can't remember the last bit because I already woken up. If only it was that easy!

However, I am also assured that we have a place in Heaven as long as WE BELIEVE IN HIM. In one or my dream (or nightmare), I lost a loved one during Judgement Day because he proclaimed he is not a believer. Immediately he fell from Heaven's Gate and perished in Hell. I do not know if just believing in Him is sufficient, as we know that a person is put right with God by his faith and actions (James 2 : 24)

I initially thought of documenting this as an normal non-Christian blog post, but decided it would be more meaningful if I were to cross-reference this to the Bible.

I am glad I did just that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.