Monday, October 15, 2012

In The Midst

By Sally I.Kennedy
From the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2
He leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. Psalm 23:2b, 3a
 
The river was singing a bit louder this morning due to some badly needed rain overnight. It had been so dry, practically a drought, and the river was much lower than normal.

The water was bubbling and meandering anyway. In the midst of the river’s activity there was a tiny, still pool. Often trout that are resting can be seen there.

Right now may be in a very busy place for you and your life. Sometimes ‘busy’ comes in spurts. Or maybe you are overwhelmingly busy all the time. Perhaps your life is not that busy. No matter which bill fits your ‘busy’, we all need a place to regroup and recoup.

Interruptions can fuel the business, distracting us and causing backtracking and having to start over. Since I’ve been at the computer writing this I’ve had a few of those. The phone’s rung about four times, and several texts have come in all of which were important to take. A saying came to mind about how your life isn’t disrupted by interruptions; the interruptions are your life.

So, most of us are just plain busy. Age doesn’t preclude busyness, either; young, middle, or old – doesn’t seem to matter. And it is essential that we refuel.

In the midst of busy, if we take an hour….or take a few moments….and look to the Lord with gratitude in our hearts, we can go to a still place where we can be momentarily be restored and refreshed. Psalm 23 tells us clearly that God, our good shepherd, leads us to still waters AND restores our soul.

That’s good news.

Be still, and know that I am God Psalm 46:19

No comments: