Monday, October 01, 2012

Deleted

By Sally I.Kennedy
"and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."
                                                                                                                               Revelation 5:8

Hurriedly, I was trying to retrieve E-mail I had deleted by mistake. I thought, “Maybe....if I act right away!” No such luck. It was gone from that big E-mailbox in the sky. I was reminded of old science fiction movies where a martian, or other outer-space individual, would get zapped. One beam of light and he was deleted. Gone.

This week my husband was sharing how much his spiritual heritage means to him. “Just think,” he said, “of all the prayers that have been said for me by my parents, grandparents, Sunday school teachers, and untold others. Who knows where I’d be if it weren’t for all those prayers!”

Later, I thought about what Ben had said. None of the prayers offered in his name has ever been deleted. No prayer he has prayed has been erased, either. Nor mine. Nor yours.

It says in the final book of the Bible that all our prayers are stored in a huge golden bowls in God’s throne room. All.

What an honor privilege, and blessing to pray. Each and every prayer is heard by God himself. And not one of them will ever be deleted. Not even by accident.
 
That is good news
 
 

No comments: